As time goes by..............on Brady's Pond
HISTORY OF THE CAMERON CLUB...
The Cameron Club started out small. Residents around Brady's Pond joined together to form a swim club in the 1930's.
Members... different types based on where you live.
But on the beach... everyone is the same.
Membership was very desirable and very limited in number. At most, only 200 families were allowed membership within the club at any time.
Originally, only those homes that lay within the confines of the Roderick Cameron Estate could be members. If your property was within the designated boundaries of the original Cameron estate, only then, could you become a member of the Cameron Club.
It was very popular and membership was highly sought after. So much so that even some property deeds came designated with "lake rights". This meant you had the right to join the Cameron Club .
These are Resident members.
As time went on it became necessary to include other Staten Island families who did not live within the original limited boundaries set forth in our bi-laws.
Children moved away but still wanted to remain members. Relatives and friends wanted to join. The Cameron Club responded by creating Non-resident members.
Non-resident members have all the rights of residents but they cannot vote. A non- resident cannot hold office.
What keeps us running?
The Cameron Club has Executive Board consisting of a President, 2 Vice-Presidents including a Beach VP, Secretary and Treasurer. Officers are voted on every 2 years .
Membership and dues
- Prospective member/family must fill out a membership application and submit this to us.
Email email@example.com for information
- Members pay yearly dues due in May for that years season
- Reasonably priced... yearly household membership fee .
- Each person in the household is required to have a membership bracelet to be worn at all times when on the beach. Membership bracelets are $30 per person ,per year.
- Guest passes are available for your invited guests to enjoy the beach with you.
- Guest bracelets (passes) are available. .All guests must wear guest bracelets and be accompanied by their host member at all times when on the beach.
- Membership may be paid for by Check or by credit card (Mastercard and Visa)
- Membership is limited so take this opportunity to join today!
Join the family of friends at the Cameron Club